COVID-19: Frequently Asked Questions
These are unprecedented times where we are all having to adapt to the new ways of working and interacting. Our primary concern is the welfare of all our staff and customers, and we have been following Government advice in this regard very closely, and we will continue to do so. Given this, we felt it would be useful to share some frequently asked questions specifically related to our operations during this time.
If the answer to your question is not amongst these, please call us in store or email email@example.com, and we will provide the answer.
Can I shop in-store now?
Yes, since 15 June 2020 Aram Store is now open once again for visitors, with no appointment necessary, except for Sundays. We will remain open until there is any government advice to the contrary. See our opening hours here.
Will I be safe in store?
We have followed the latest government guidelines to put physical measures in place that ensure the safety of our customers and our staff at all times. We are fortunate to have large premises which facilitate maintaining appropriate social distancing and we are providing PPE and hand sanitisers throughout the store. Plus:
- In and Out doors at the main entrance
- Only one person at a time may use the lift
- A bespoke perspex screen separating customers and staff at the main service desk, with floor markings showing appropriate distance
- Hand gel dispensers at all entrances and located around the shop floor
- Face masks and disposable gloves available for customers at the entrances and for staff at the service desks
- Cleaning carried out on a continual circuit throughout the day paying particular attention to door handles, washrooms and equipment in contant use
- Payment terminals disinfected after each use
- We ask customers entering the premises wearing gloves to remove them while on the premises prior to applying hand gel. Disposable gloves are provided where requested for use in store.
Can I shop online?
Our website and online services remain fully operational. Some of the ex-stock deliveries may take a little longer than normal to wrap and send.
Are you delivering furniture at the moment?
We are able to make small package deliveries as normal via our courier partners. Most of these are accessories, but there are also a number of smaller furniture items that can be very effectively delivered in this way.
We are also now able to make deliveries of larger items of furniture requiring one or two-man teams (there may be some restrictions for certain locations outside mainland England and Wales). Our delivery teams and fitters would use full PPE at all times.
Before we deliver, our logistics team will make contact to ensure that you are happy to receive your order. At this point, any questions you have can be answered.
Ultimately, if you are not happy to receive your order at the moment, then we can hold your order at our warehouse until such time that you are safely able to receive delivery.
Will my orders take longer?
There have been delays in production and transport from our supplier partners meaning that normal lead times have been extended.
These issues are starting to ease as manufacturing sites across Europe begin opening again.
Orders are being produced and we are receiving weekly deliveries into our warehouse.
We are confident that within a few weeks lead times will be back to near normal.