In 1947, a group of Pirelli technicians began experimenting with new materials and technologies in the creation of cutting-edge, modern furniture, in conjunction with architect Marco Zanuso. Thus the Arflex brand was established, on the meeting of technology and aesthetic sensibilities, and driven by a high level of research and experimentation. Officially presented to the public in 1951, Arflex quickly gained recognition for their manufacturing philosophy. Having won numerous awards and much recognition, many pieces have made their way into permanent collections at the world’s leading museums. Today, Arflex continues to be renowned for its innovative approach and exploration of new technologies, materials and designs.